31 August 2008

a custom job


One of the things that made this freshly-finished custom piece a success is that I remembered to go w/ 3 strands on the floss for the lettering.

Red is DMC 321 and the canvas is Charles Craft Gold Standard 14 black aida.

*

In other news, right after posting my big political rant on Friday night, I got the bad news that my grandpa is being placed in Hospice care to live out the final days of his life. He's been sick for a couple of years, but took a dramatic turn for the worse a couple of weeks ago. What looked like an episode regarding his congestive heart failure has turned out to really be metastasized cancer into the liver (was originally prostate), and his liver has shut down. I have still been stitching while I await more news, and Rev. Dr. MLK Jr. is slowly but surely coming along. Please send good thoughts for a peaceful passing to my beloved grandpa-- he is 97.5 years old and has lived a wonderful life full of love and joy, and before he got too sick to know what's going on, he told us that he's ready to go. Thanks.

No comments: